In just a tad more than 48 hours, we will be heading to the airport...on our way! Tonight, at least 3 of us will be meeting for a final practice hike. This time too, all of us will be sporting fully loaded Camino backpacks! And better still, oh joy, we may get to practice in the rain (which is falling in Spain to, on the plain or Meseta!) Having read some other blogs this week, the weather has been much as it is here, very changeable! So, tonights practice is very real!
I am currently on my 3rd pair of shoes...and think I have the right fit and padding for the foot issues that have been plauging my right foot...only not too sure how they will be for the rain. Guess I'm about to find out.
Here comes the Rain
Apparently the Beatles never spent much time in Galicia
My Personal Favorite!
Even the scarecrows wear raingear in Galicia!
Three Pilgrims hit the road again
One of many bridges leaving Caldas da Reis
Santiago Stigmata
It's beginning to fade...but there is an arrow below the bruise...a perfect replica of the arrows we followed for 120k
SINGLE DIGIT DANCE
This is what happens when pilgrims finally see single digits on the markers...spontaneous dancing!
Our Monto de Gozo, Mountain of Joy
This was our first view of the Cathedral and the city of Santiago
How many men to perfume a church?
This is the moment before the botofumeiro flys! Originally used to "freshen" the air from all the newly arrived pilgrims!
I'm watching you
The dome of the cathedral, and what it takes to make it fly!
Wow
It's just beginning it's trip! and yes it's that big!
More Botafumeria
Take a good look at the ropes, when I saw them tied off later, the white ones were as thick as my forearm.
Are we there yet!
Lovely friends from the road, although Rose and I had "met" online months earlier! Does her hubby look happy or what!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment