Here comes the Rain

Here comes the Rain
Apparently the Beatles never spent much time in Galicia

My Personal Favorite!

My Personal Favorite!
Even the scarecrows wear raingear in Galicia!

Three Pilgrims hit the road again

Three Pilgrims hit the road again
One of many bridges leaving Caldas da Reis

Santiago Stigmata

Santiago Stigmata
It's beginning to fade...but there is an arrow below the bruise...a perfect replica of the arrows we followed for 120k

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE
This is what happens when pilgrims finally see single digits on the markers...spontaneous dancing!

Our Monto de Gozo, Mountain of Joy

Our Monto de Gozo, Mountain of Joy
This was our first view of the Cathedral and the city of Santiago

How many men to perfume a church?

How many men to perfume a church?
This is the moment before the botofumeiro flys! Originally used to "freshen" the air from all the newly arrived pilgrims!

I'm watching you

I'm watching you
The dome of the cathedral, and what it takes to make it fly!

Wow

Wow
It's just beginning it's trip! and yes it's that big!

More Botafumeria

More Botafumeria
Take a good look at the ropes, when I saw them tied off later, the white ones were as thick as my forearm.

Are we there yet!

Are we there yet!
Lovely friends from the road, although Rose and I had "met" online months earlier! Does her hubby look happy or what!!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

15 days to go ... but whose counting!

As of this afternoon, there are 15 days and a wake-up to go! Time to finish gathering the goods! Time to test pack the bags! Photocopy all the essential documents, scan them and email copies to ourselves (a neat little trick I learned on-line!) Best/worst of all, time to try and adjust the body clock a little bit to make the trasition easier!! Considering how much I enjoy daylight savings time, this should be a barrel of fun! Still, considering that we're going to demand our bodies get up early and then hike of for hours on end for more than a week...seems like a fair trade.

Apparently, Joseph has spent the day in sporting goods stores, procuring clothes for the Camino...a size smaller than before! Joe has been working really hard to loose the winter weight, and doing really, really well! Vivian & Rich saw him on a practice Hike on Monday, out of Smithville Park, and both commented on how fit he looks! Must remember to bring a camera on one of our next forays, to show the new and svelte group! Guess I should add for those who know her, Miss Vivian looked terrific and did a great job keeping up the the rest of the gang for at least 4.5 miles!

1 comment:

Richard Lewis said...

Hey guys, even though we are not joining you, it was a privilege to be able to train with you. I've never seen a group work so hard to make this happen. Viv and I wish you the best on your journey. We will be following your blog. Having spent time on the trail with you, we know there will be "interesting" stories to tell. We want to hear it all! Remember, there is not a lot to do in this part of NJ so you will be our prime entertainment while you are over there. - Rich